Online training course - First Aid Wounds and Bleeding
This 'First Aid Safety' training course covers wounds and bleeding and explains how to diagnose as well as treat different types of wounds. The course aims to teach practical first aid techniques which are required to help deal with injuries or conditions common to the workplace. The intention is not to make employees into qualified first aiders, but simply to highlight the skills required to be of some help if an accident occurs.
As accidents do not always occur when qualified help is at hand, it is useful for all employees to have a basic understanding of first aid. This training course is part of a portfolio of titles called 'First Aid at Work' and has been designed for all persons at work, irrespective of their job.
Course modules :
- GRAZES: Caused by skin damage due to friction burns or sliding falls.
- CONTUSIONS: Caused by blows to the body, leading to ruptured capillaries and bruising.
- INCISED WOUNDS: Characterised by a clean cut of the skin and in some cases tendons, usually made by a sharp instrument such as a knife or a piece of broken glass.
- LACERATIONS: Tear wounds in the skin.
- PUNCTURE WOUNDS: Penetrating wounds caused by sharp pointed instruments such as nails.
- GUNSHOT OR PROJECTILE WOUNDS: Characterised by a bullet or some other projectile, driving its way through the body causing severe internal and external injuries.
- ARTERIAL BLEEDING: Blood is bright red and rich in oxygen, which spurts out in time with the heart beat.
- VENOUS BLEEDING: Blood is depleted of oxygen and dark red in colour. Because it has lost most of its pressure, it gushes or runs out.
Guidance for emergency treatment of the above injuries.
- Self Test
10 questions covering each of the previous modules. A certificate is offered if the test is passed.
The First Aid Wounds and Bleeding training course is for:
Employers, managers, employees and all persons who may have to administer first aid.
First Aid Unconsciousness Safety course timing:
The 'First Aid Unconsciousness' safety course takes approximately 1 hour to complete. You are purchasing one copy of this course, with one attempt at the test at the end.
Click on the pictures to view sample pages from the course.
Tracking of progress takes place on every page of the course. Therefore, if there is a failure for any reason, you can log in again and carry on with the course until completion.
The course contains an interactive self assessment with mutiple choice questions to test your understanding of the contents of the course. On successful completion of the test, you will receive a downloadable certificate of competency which you may print.
How to buy and do the course
Each course costs £14.95+vat (£17.94) which you order and pay for online. Payment is via paypal, which allows you to use a debit or credit card. We are not given any of the payment or personal details.
When you purchase a course - you are buying one copy of the course which contains tutorial material and a test. The test has a passmark of 75%, and you get one go at the test. If you fail it, you must buy another copy and have another go.
See the 'Help' option below for more details about how to buy and do this course.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- CDM Regs
- CE Marking
- Chemical Safety
- Confined Spaces
- COMAH 2015
- Computer Safety
- COSHH Assessment
- Driving Safely
- Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Safety
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Management Offshore
- Environmental Management Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Regulations
- First Aid Series:
- Respiratory Problems
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Flammable Liquids
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Heat Stress
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Manual Handling
- Noise at Work
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Matters
- Safety Signs
- Safe Use of Small Tools
- Spill Control and Prevention
- Transporting Dangerous Goods
- Working Alone
- Working at Heights
- Workplace Transport Safety