Online training course - Safe Manual Handling
The 'Safe Manual Handling' training course provides important information about the manual handling techniques, and the lifting injuries that can be caused by poor manual handling techniques. This 'Safe Manual Handling' training course provides an appreciation of the principles of correct manual handling techniques and the ways to lift safely by preventing injury as well as employee absenteeism through injury.
Course modules :
- Introduction - Describes the high accident rate caused by poor manual handling and explains how everyone is at risk, not just those working in a heavy industrial environment.
- Reducing the Risk - Outlines the measures which employers should take to protect the workforce, but stresses that employees also have a major role to play by recognising, and reporting if necessary, activities which force them into bad postures.
- Your Back - Explains how poor handling technique can cause injury to the spine, and why some injuries cause permanent disability. Contains back strengthening exercises.
- Good Handling Technique - Illustrates, using computer generated graphics, how to lift and move objects and people safely.
- Team Lifting - Illustrates the basic principles of team lifting.
- Pushing and Pulling - Deals with techniques which may be used to avoid lifting altogether.
- Self Test - 20 questions covering each of the previous modules. A certificate is offered if the test is passed.
The Manual Handling course is ideally for:
Employers, managers, employees, the self-employed and any persons responsible for managing manual handling in the workplace.
Safe Manual Handling training course timing:
The 'Safe Manual Handling' training course takes approximately 70 minutes to complete. You are purchasing one copy of this course, with one attempt at the test at the end.
Click on the pictures to view sample pages from the course.
Tracking of progress takes place on every page of the course. Therefore, if there is a failure for any reason, you can log in again and carry on with the course until completion.
The course contains an interactive self assessment with mutiple choice questions to test your understanding of the contents of the course. On successful completion of the test, you will receive a downloadable certificate of competency which you may print.
How to buy and do the course
Each course costs £14.95+vat (£17.94) which you order and pay for online. Payment is via paypal, which allows you to use a debit or credit card. We are not given any of the payment or personal details.
When you purchase a course - you are buying one copy of the course which contains tutorial material and a test. The test has a passmark of 75%, and you get one go at the test. If you fail it, you must buy another copy and have another go.
See the 'Help' option below for more details about how to buy and do this course.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- CDM Regs
- Chemical Safety
- Confined Spaces
- COMAH 2015
- Computer Safety
- COSHH Assessment
- Driving Safely
- Drugs & Alcohol at Work
- Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Safety
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Management Offshore
- Environmental Management Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Regulations
- Flammable Liquids
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Heat Stress
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Manual Handling
- Noise at Work
- Radiation Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Matters
- Safety Signs
- Safe Use of Compressed Gases
- Safe Use of Fixed Machines
- Safe Use of Small Tools
- Spill Prevention and Control
- Transporting Dangerous Goods
- Working Alone
- Working at Heights
- Workplace Transport Safety