Online training course - Spill Prevention & Control
The 'Spill Prevention & Control' course describes the safety measures which must be taken to prevent the spillage of hazardous substances, and the steps to take to reduce the impact of any spillages which do occur.
Course modules :
- Introduction - Introduces the COSHH Regulations and the duty on employers to conduct a risk assessment.
- Hazard & Risk - Explains the meaning of the terms 'hazard' and 'risk'.
- Worker Exposure - Looks at the different ways in which workers can be exposed to hazardous substances, and explains the term 'simple asphyxiant'.
- Hazard Labels - Expains safety data sheets, introduces the CLP Regulation and the GHS, and describes a typical CLP label.
- Control Measures - Examines a range of different control measures, and the relative effectiveness of using PPE.
- Preventing Spills - Deals with the correct storage and handling of hazardous substances.
- Controlling Spills - Describes the different types of absorbent, and how to deal with a spillage.
- Self Test
20 questions covering each of the previous modules. A certificate is offered if the test is passed.
The Spill Prevention & Control course is ideally for:
employers and employees who need to understand the safety measures which must be taken to prevent the spillage of hazardous substances, and the steps to take to reduce the impact of any spillages which do occur.
The Spill Prevention & Control course timing:
The 'Spill Prevention & Control' course takes approximately fifty minutes to complete. You are purchasing one copy of this course, with one attempt at the test at the end.
Tracking of progress takes place on every page of the course. Therefore, if there is a failure for any reason, you can log in again and carry on with the course until completion.
The course contains an interactive self assessment with multiple choice questions to test your understanding of the contents of the course. On successful completion of the test, you will receive a downloadable certificate of competency which you may print.
How to buy and do the course
Each course costs £14.95+vat (£17.94) which you order and pay for online. Payment is via paypal, which allows you to use a debit or credit card. We are not given any of the payment or personal details.
When you purchase a course - you are buying one copy of the course which contains tutorial material and a test. The test has a passmark of 75%, and you get one go at the test. If you fail it, you must buy another copy and have another go.
See the 'Help' option below for more details about how to buy and do this course.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- CDM Regs
- Chemical Safety
- Confined Spaces
- COMAH 2015
- Computer Safety
- COSHH Assessment
- Driving Safely
- Drugs & Alcohol at Work
- Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Safety
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Management Offshore
- Environmental Management Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Regulations
- Flammable Liquids
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Heat Stress
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Manual Handling
- Noise at Work
- Radiation Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Matters
- Safety Signs
- Safe Use of Compressed Gases
- Safe Use of Fixed Machines
- Safe Use of Small Tools
- Spill Prevention and Control
- Transporting Dangerous Goods
- Working Alone
- Working at Heights
- Workplace Transport Safety